IRED utilizes the latest in laser technologies and 3D modeling. By using these technologies, IRED provides faster turnaround time for projects and a wealth of information regarding equipment and building information.
Laser and 3D modeling services we offer:
The levelness of a two dimensional surface can be found in relation to another surface, or to gravity. This technique is superior to using a traditional inclinometer, as it collects thousands of points per surface and can be accurate to up to 0.5 degrees.
This technique has been used in a variety of applications including: storage tanks, refractory installations and distillation tower trays.
When planning on installing new equipment, the pathway must be clear to ensure no damage will occur to both the old and new equipment. Measuring by hand is laborious, and can include human error.
3D CAD models or polygon meshes can be superimposed onto the point cloud. Specialized software aids in mapping out a clear pathway for equipment to be installed or removed.
Planning ahead with accurate simulations can save time and money. The crane operator in this project was able to know where to set up, and at what angles crane arm could lower the supports, to avoid damaging nearby towers.
- As-built CAD models or highly detailed polygonal meshes based on generated point clouds (process piping, supports, buildings etc.)
- Piping isometric drawings generated from point cloud data
- Failure investigations
- Refractory inspections, assessments and as-built documentation
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) modeling
- Laser scanning for as-found documentation
- Corrosion and mechanical damage inspection
Why choose IRED for laser and 3D modeling?
- Maintain plant safety and equipment reliability
- Time and cost savings
- Accurate and repeatable measurement
Contact us for more information on how IRED’s laser scanning and 3-D modeling services can help you ensure safe and reliable operation of your equipment and assets.